The importance of education can never be estimated as learning is a continuous process. It works as a building block for children at a different level of age.
Apart from experience, obviously, knowledge goes simultaneously to build a better future and personality.
When it comes to rolling on Indian academics, the scene is quite critical, not even in primary or secondary education but even in higher and professional education.
However, Indian education has shifted towards smart classes, but it’s not developed in many countries, especially the villages and small-town schools and academic institutes.
India is a proud country with incredible diversity in culture, yet still lack behind in significant developments, including good quality education.
Earlier the Gurukul was a remarkable system for education that keeps scholars balancing their life with skill and personality development.
Now education in India is a profession that ensures great profit to academic institutes. Moreover, for students, the competition to pursue education in the desired course or college will rise in the coming years.
What Makes Indian Education System Lack Behind?
Let’s talk about the precise issues on Indian Education System, making the nation behind in defining a better future for students.
- Poor Infrastructure: Well, poor infrastructure is the point that comes majorly with public schools, colleges and universities in India. In fact, the gap between the rural education system and urban education is also a drawback to deliver quality education at all academic levels. The staff, facilities, and other resources efficiency let affect student’s life.
- Gender InEquality: However, gender inequality is also a cause that makes India a country with a failed education system. Still, with constitutional law “Right to Education”, the backward areas of India, the rural part with orthodox thoughts, make education a challenge for females at an early age.
- Old Teaching Methodologies: Lack of professional and well-educated teaching staff and the old learning methodologies together affect scholarly life. The outdated teaching methods and lack of advanced facilities let students be less interested. Even such poor quality academics stand students behind in professional training and personality development.
- Talent Vs Grades: In India, talent is measured by grades, which is obviously a myth. Even the race for good grades makes students pressurize to be called brilliant. Thus the overall development of scholars is never a part of the education system in India. No healthy motivation, confidence and encouragement is praised, which is more precise for skill and personality enhancement.
- More Focus On Theoretical: Indian academic is precisely more theoretical, making students lack interest. Even the concept of practical learning and creative ideas is even not encouraged in many parts of the country. For high standard educational methodologies, teaching mode also needs to be advanced, where India still fails. The change in syllabus and curriculum can be the most significant achievement for scholars.
- Lack of Individuality: Education with the purpose of individual skill and personality development is still not applied in schools, colleges and universities in India. The current education system let hamper the student’s life to study the same subject if not interested in opting for others. The streams are fixed with subjects that need to be flexible. Moreover, the overcrowded classes at all academic levels is also a drawback.
The Indian education system is improving day by day but still lacks in many aspects compared to worldwide academic standards. The smart classes, virtual webinars, and advanced infrastructure with professional teaching staff together can take steps for a better future for Indian students.
Even the excellent scholarship plans and funding for academics will allow scholars in rural and urban areas to be an excellent base to grant education at different levels.
The empowerment steps for gender equality, education for all, and even raise for counselling session for teachers, parents and students can even be a smart way to make education level high and available to all.